Celebrating NAIDOC Week
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate NAIDOC
- Hold a flag raising ceremony
- Display Indigenous posters around your class room.
- Invite local Indigenous elders to speak at your school or workplace.
- Listen to Indigenous music.
- Study a famous Indigenous Australian.
- Research the traditional Indigenous owners of your area.
- Study Aboriginal arts and crafts.
- Read a Dreamtime story.
- Start your own Indigenous hall of fame featuring any local role models and achievers.
- Create your own Aboriginal art.
- Visit Indigenous websites on the Internet.
- Make your own Indigenous trivia quiz.
- Visit local Indigenous sites of significance or interest.
- Learn the meanings of local or national Aboriginal place names.