The Chaplaincy Department:
- assists in the appointment of ecumenical chaplains;
- directly employs some ecumenical chaplains;
- has contractual responsibility for the continuing education and the quality of service in WA prisons;
- negotiates duty statements, terms of appointment and appropriate funding arrangements on behalf of churches;
- seeks to advance the quality and scope of ecumenical Chaplaincy in WA.
The Chaplaincy Department is served by a Chaplaincy Coordinator and our Executive Officer. It is assisted by the Council of Churches Chaplaincy Committee, who advise the Executive on matters of policy.
To discuss Chaplaincy matters, please contact the CCWA office.