The Council of Churches of Western Australia held their Annual General Meeting in the grounds of St Mark’s Anglican Community School on the 28th of March.
The new President of The Council of Churches of WA is Paul Martin. Paul was elected at the Annual General Meeting of the Council, held last Saturday. Paul is a member of the Society of Friends in WA and has been a member of the CCWA Executive. Paul takes over from Revd Marie Wilson who retired from the position after serving two terms.The Ven David Ingleson was re-elected Treasurer.
During the meeting, several important motions were passed:
- to set up an ecumenical network in WA of those who are interested in climate change and the environment, to share resources and ideas.
- to encourage our Member churches and Member congregations to look again at how they might implement the National Covenant Document
- to ask Member Churches and Member Congregations to study the WCC Document on Just Peace and feed the results back through CCWA
- to write to the NCCA CWS with a request to re-engage with State Ecumenical Councils
- to change the constitution of CCWA to ‘tidy up’ terminology and numbering.